Becoming a support worker on Mable
How do I become a support worker on Mable?
Congratulations! Now that you’ve explored all the benefits of becoming an independent support worker on Mable, the next step is to sign up and complete your profile so that you can start making a positive difference in people’s lives and building your small business.
Sign up on Mable
To sign up and create a support worker account on Mable, you will need to provide the following information:
- A completed Mable profile including bio and profile photo
- A police check (applied through Mable)
- An ABN
- Two professional or character references
- Working with Children Check (if required)
- Australian Drivers Licence (if providing transport services)
- COVID-19 full vaccination records
If you’ve set up your account correctly, it will be submitted for approval to our team.
If you’re planning on providing Personal Care, Nursing or other Allied Health Services read more about the qualifications you will need.
Get your Mable account approved
Once you’ve completed the details above, your profile will be submitted to the Mable team for approval. How long it takes to approve a support worker’s account depends on whether they have filled out the profile and uploaded all the necessary documents.
After you have been approved by the Mable team, you can start looking for jobs on Mable and connecting with clients. Learn more about getting started as a support worker on Mable, finding jobs, and more.
Complete your Mable support worker account
Once you’ve been approved by our approvals team, you can continue to complete your profile by:
- Updating your bank details to ensure payments are processed as quickly as possible
- Updating your indicative rates and availability to be clear to clients about the days you are available, the areas you can work in, and the rates you charge
- Updating your experience and work history
- Updating your qualifications and training
- Indicating your NDIS Worker Screening Check, if applicable
- Showcasing a badge (LGBTQIA+ friendly, non-smoker, etc.), updating your immunisation status, languages you speak or understand, cultural background and religion. This information is not mandatory, but it enables clients to easily find support workers based on their specific cultural or personal characteristics
- Indicating your hobbies and interests, which can be helpful when clients look for support workers who have the same interests as them
- Providing information about the services you can offer – you can tick the boxes shown to you that are relevant. Depending on the support types you want to offer, there will be minimum requirements you need to complete
- Answering a set of questions to qualify for insurance.
Completing your Mable profile is very important because it’s essentially your ‘shopfront’, it helps the client find you easily based on all the information you’ve provided and ensures a higher search ranking for your profile. Get more tips on making your profile stand out on Mable.