- It’s okay to identify as disabled: Zoe
- Basketball, photography and more: How Charlie’s life ‘restarted’ through Mable
- Paralympics, arts and more: How Nick does what he loves with Mable
- Reviewing cafes for accessibility: How Ashlee is pursuing her passion
- Guitar, martial arts, yoga: Skills Nissa is learning with support through Mable
Sign up to have the latest news, articles and resources delivered to your inbox.
If you’re an independent support worker on Mable, your bio is an opportunity to tell clients about yourself. Your bio sits directly underneath your profile photo and can include details about you, such as:
- Your motivation for becoming a support worker
- Your interests and hobbies (for example, hiking)
- Your skills (for example, you play the piano)
- Your background and experience
- Your achievements
- Your personality traits or qualities (for example, your organisational skills).
A well-written bio can lead to connecting with more clients, potentially leading to more bookings. It can be tricky to write about yourself, so we’ve sourced some tips to help you write the best Mable profile possible.
- Your bio should be concise, including only relevant information. Aim for 150-200 words
- Highlight your achievements
- Have your most important information at the beginning, not in the middle or the end
- Sound professional and approachable
- Ensure your bio has correct spelling and grammar
- Give a timeframe for when you aim to respond to messages
- Use short, easy-to-read sentences.
Things to avoid
- Do not include your qualifications in your bio. This ensures the Mable team can approve your profile as quickly as possible. Include your qualifications only in the ‘Education/Work history’ section
- Do not abbreviate or use colloquial language
- Don’t write a bio that’s too long, not all clients can or will read a long bio
- Do not give away your last name or contact details. For your safety, all communication should go through the Mable platform, including Team Chat. You will not be insured if you do not book work through the Mable platform.
Here’s an example of a 150-word bio:
Hi, my name is Jill. I’m a qualified nurse who earned my degree six years ago. I now work full-time in Melbourne. Being a nurse is a dream come true, it was something I wanted to be since a child and here I am! I value building lasting connections with clients, providing dignity and respect with my services.
I always take the time to learn about my clients, and helping them maintain independence is incredibly rewarding — it’s my favourite part of the day. Away from work, I have two dogs and always enjoy showing off photos of their mischief. I also enjoy keeping yoga and running. If you have any questions, please message me on Mable. I aim to respond within 24 hours. Over the weekend, please allow a little extra time for me to get back to you.
Want more tips on improving your worker profile on Mable? Watch the video below.