Visit local health and community services
Here are some ideas for places to visit – you’ll find many of the addresses and phone numbers in your local council’s seniors services guide.
• Public and Private hospitals – ask for the discharge nurse, social workers or aged care team
• Nursing homes
• Rehabilitation centres
• Day centres for seniors
• Senior citizens centers
• Retirement Villages
• Carelink and Carer Respite Centres
• Meals on Wheels
• Health professionals such as GPs, physiotherapists, optometrists, pharmacists
• District nursing services
• Multicultural groups
• RSL Clubs
• Carer support groups – such as those run by Alzheimer’s Australia
• Financial and legal service providers
• Service clubs: Rotary, Lions, Probus etc
‘Hi Everyone, I am currently offering social support and domestic assistance as an independent care worker on theMable Platform. I offer a range of services such as meal preparation, transport, light cleaning, light gardening, and companionship. If you are interested in hiring me, have a look at my profile and sign up on the platform: https://app.mable.com.au/profiles/search’
The bigger our community of care and support, the more effectively the Mable platform can serve everyone. Ensure that you give our Facebook page a ‘Like.’ Remember, spreading awareness about Mable will help us attract new clients with more choice and better matches.
Shhh, join our secret Facebook Group (for approved care workers only). Network with other motivated care and support workers – it’s a great place to find opportunities to ‘buddy’ up with other workers to ensure there is someone to cover you when you can’t make a shift.
If you’d like to go the extra mile, you can create a Facebook page with information about your services and invite your friends to ‘Like’ it. Click here for instructions on how to create a Facebook page to promote your business.
When promoting yourself online, ensure you’re keeping in mind our brand values – if you’re unsure, email our support team at email@example.com. We ask that our care workers use the following logo on their corporate Facebook Page, click here for care worker’s logo. Remember, if a potential client contacts you via social media, make sure you introduce them to the Mable platform for your own safety & to ensure you are covered by the insurance that’s arranged on your behalf when you’re booked through Mable.
Other ideas to attract more clients
• Build a richer Mable profile about you – make sure to include your interests!
• Build your credentials by undertaking additional training and courses. Many courses can be taken online. Consider undertaking a Certificate 3 or 4 in aged care or disability services.
• Expand the suburbs or areas you work in or expand the services you offer.
• Reduce your rate while you build your business reputation.