Marketing yourself is a concept that many care workers have not had to deal with before.
Care workers employed by agencies undergo an interview process and then are sent out to clients. Clients don’t have any, or very limited, choice over who is assigned as their care worker. Care workers don’t have much choice either.
That all changes when you join Mable’s community of local care workers. Clients now have choice – and they’re loving it! But if you are a self-employed care worker, you are now competing with others like you on the Mable platform.
Here are some tips on how to create a profile that will help you put your best foot forward.
Pick me! How to take a great profile picture.
When Mable clients are looking for a care worker, they scroll through lots of profiles. Much of their decision to choose a shortlist of candidates is based on the photo supplied by the care worker.
In fact, having a good Mable profile picture makes you seven times more likely to be clicked on by a customer.
So, it’s a no-brainer that having a great photo should be the number one thing to get right when marketing your care service on the Mable platform.
What makes a good photo? Here’s a start:
- Smiling– smiling makes you look friendly, kind and approachable.
- Good lighting– customers need to clearly see your smiling face – you don’t want dark shadows. Good lighting makes you look energetic and fresh.
- Plain background– you don’t want to compete with a busy background. Stand in front of a blank wall.
- Dressing professionally – a professional look will attract more clients, so make sure you’re neat and tidy.
- Keep it simple– the photo should highlight you and only you – so try cropping or zooming a photo to remove the background around you.
The Mable team will keep an eye on your profile and will get in touch if we think there are ways to improve it. If you need a hand, you can get in touch on 1300 736 573.
Put your best foot forward in your Mable bio
Now you have captured your client’s attention and they have clicked on your profile, it’s your chance to shine!
Here are some suggestions to make your Mable profile more effective as well as some important dos and don’ts to bear in mind.
Your bio sits directly underneath your profile photo. This is a chance for you to provide more detail about you and your motivations to work as a care or support worker.
Take a moment to edit your About section, so clients can get to know you better. When you are doing this, also make sure that you check your spelling and grammar.
- Bios should be concise and only include relevant information
- Mention how you deliver exceptional service and care
- Highlight your achievements
- Tell your clients a bit more about yourself (Kids? Family? Hobbies?)
- Why did you decide to become a care worker?
- Sound professional and approachable
- Ensure your bio has impeccable spelling and grammar
- Do not abbreviate or use slang
- If your bio is too long clients may not read the whole thing (we recommend a bio anywhere between 150 – 200 words)
- Do not give away your last name or any of your contact details (for your safety, all communication should go through the platform. Also note, you will not be insured if you do not schedule work through the Mable platform)
- Don’t be afraid to let your personality shine!