- It’s okay to identify as disabled: Zoe
- Basketball, photography and more: How Charlie’s life ‘restarted’ through Mable
- Paralympics, arts and more: How Nick does what he loves with Mable
- Reviewing cafes for accessibility: How Ashlee is pursuing her passion
- Guitar, martial arts, yoga: Skills Nissa is learning with support through Mable
Sign up to have the latest news, articles and resources delivered to your inbox.
A recent article by the SBS named nursing, childcare work, and disability and aged care work as some of the most in demand occupations in Australia.
Ongoing shortages of Registered Nurses, the increase in demand for aged care workers due to an ageing population, and the recognition of the positive impacts of support workers on people’s lives mean that opportunities in support work are at an all-time high.
If you are thinking of a career in support work, you can join Mable as an independent support worker.
Mable is an online platform that connects older people needing support and people with disability, directly with support workers.
Mable’s community of more than 15,000 independent support workers includes Registered Nurses, physiotherapists, aged care and disability support workers, speech therapists and occupational therapists, among others.
If you have experience, expertise and qualifications for any of the above, you can connect with people looking for support, as an independent support worker on Mable.
For example, if you are a Registered Nurse, you can provide personal care, medication management and wound care, among others. If you have a Cert III or IV in Disability (with two professional referees in the last five years), you can provide personal care, which includes showering, toileting, hoist and manual transfer, among others. Find more information on support services you can provide on Mable.
Benefits of becoming a support worker on Mable
By joining Mable as an independent support worker:
- You can choose your clients, set mutually-agreed rates with clients and choose the hours you work. Find out how much you can earn on Mable
- You’ll be covered by our suite of high-level insurances
- You have access to over 170+ free training courses and 24/7 counselling and wellbeing support.
There are many additional benefits of joining Mable as an independent support worker:
- Connecting with clients based on your mutual interests and skills to help them achieve their goals
- The freedom to be your own boss and decide how you want to maintain work-life balance
- Building long-term relationships with clients
- Administrative support from the Mable team to manage invoicing and payments
- Support with managing tax, super and insurance
- Tools and support from Mable to build your small business.
Follow your passion to help people
The Mable community is made up of diverse support workers from all walks of life, each bringing their own passions, expertise, skills and knowledge to their roles.
The one thing they all have in common, though, is a passion for empowering people through support and helping them achieve their goals and maintain independence.
If you are looking for a career change, opportunities to give back to the community, or if you want to be your own boss, sign up on Mable today to become an independent