A support worker’s guide to Mable
Free, 24/7 access to the Mable Wellbeing Platform
Being a support worker can be incredibly rewarding, but it can be challenging too.
You may be providing complex support to older Australians or people with disability. You are running your own small business and so, you manage your own tax, super and other administrative aspects. You also need to balance your professional and personal life.
We all need guidance or support from time to time as we navigate our personal lives and careers. And that’s where the Mable Wellbeing Platform comes in.
As an approved support worker on the Mable, the Mable Wellbeing Platform is one of the key benefits to which you have free access, any time, any day.
What is the Mable Wellbeing Platform?
The Mable Wellbeing Platform is a support service for all support workers registered on the platform.
This service is free of charge for all registered support workers and is available 24/7.
The three key features you can access through this platform are:
- 1-on-1 counselling: 24/7 access to qualified counsellors for free sessions via phone or video call
- Resources: Explore hundreds of articles, podcasts, audios and videos on topics such as parenting, fitness, challenges at work
- Exclusive offers: Find discounts from top retailers across shopping, dining, lifestyle and entertainment.
Some examples of situations in which you could use the platform include:
- Feeling overwhelmed by your work
- Feeling stressed over managing your finances
- Seeking guidance around academics
- Having a confidential chat about personal or family-related issues
- Having a confidential chat about problems you may be facing at work
- Accessing resources (audio, video, podcasts, articles) on parenting, depression, stress management, dealing with anxiety, fitness planning, etc.
FAQs about the Mable Wellbeing Platform
Here are some of the most common questions support workers have about the Wellbeing Platform.
Are all these services and benefits free?
Yes, if you are registered on Mable as an independent support worker, they are free.
Who pays for this service?
Mable covers all the expenses. There is no charge for using this service.
When accessing a counsellor, can I request to maintain that counsellor for future sessions?
Yes. You can keep – or change – your counsellor at any time.
Is there any added charge for speaking with a counsellor?
How many free counselling sessions do I receive?
You can receive 6 free sessions per issue, with unlimited issues available.
Will Mable know I’m using counselling via this service?
No. The counselling is externally provided, and Mable has no record of individuals accessing counselling. Your confidentiality is protected.
Remember, if you are supporting someone, it’s equally important to take care of yourself. Start your wellbeing journey by logging on to the Mable Wellbeing Platform today.