To protect privacy, we provide a secure online messaging feature (sometimes referred to as ‘Team Chat’) so clients and independent support workers can connect on Mable. Clients can also bring their team of Support Workers together in a Team Chat.
We have updated our messaging service so users have even more accessibility and ease-of-use – let’s review these updates below.
Web Browser Updates
- We have refreshed the inbox layout so it neatly fits any screen size if accessing our platform via a web browser.
A refreshed inbox layout suitable for any screen size.
- You may minimise a message display by clicking the icon in the top right corner of an opened message.
A minimised message display option.
- You may view a user’s online status when a green circle appears in their profile header.
Online status indicated by a green circle in the profile header.
- Message send statuses are displayed, so you’ll also know if a message has been sent and seen.
- You also can view message activity in a user’s profile header.
Message activity shows that ‘Ana B is typing’.
- Our messages have a What’s Next feature letting users know what’s next in the booking process, so they’re always in the loop. For example, John is a client but first needs to complete his profile.
Know what’s next in the booking process.
- John completes his profile and connects with Independent Support Worker Angela about driving his dad to the hospital – the next step is requesting an agreement.
Request an agreement as part of the next step.
- Angela makes John an offer, which he accepts and the job takes place.
Accept the offer and make an instant booking.
- The What’s Next feature also works for Support Workers, for example Angela needs to start a conversation with Ana so an agreement can be sent.
Support Workers know what’s next to reach an agreement.
- Our app displays assistance banners to keep you in the loop for what’s next, for example with an agreed meet and greet.
App banners help to keep you in the loop for what’s next.
- Mable Team Chat is the perfect way for teams to communicate with each other in real-time, building transparency.
- Only clients can create a new group chat when they have reached an agreement with two support workers on Mable.
Clients can start a new chat by selecting the Create a group chat card at the top of their inbox.
- Our platform will show the workers you have an agreement with, for you to select who will join the created group.
Select the workers you’re in an agreement with.
- By default, the name of the Team Chat is the list of names of everyone in the group message including the client.
- The message group Admin may manage the group by selecting the icon in the top right corner of the group message homepage.
Manage group messages as the Admin.
- Only clients and coordinators can add or remove Support Workers from a Team Chat. This is done by clicking the icon next to a user’s name.
- The chat info displays all group members and any actions an Admin can perform to manage the group. If a client leaves the group message, then the entire conversation becomes frozen. Members can still view the conversation, but can no longer send any messages.
- Support Workers can leave any time, but can only rejoin if the clients re-adds them. When a Support Worker is added to an existing group, they can see the group’s message history.
Only clients, coordinators and Mable admins can remove or add Support Workers.
My Support Workers
- Clients now have a dedicated place to view all pending agreements quickly without sorting through which conversation had a pending agreement. This is from the My Support Workers page, under the Pending tab.
View pending agreements in one place.
- This tab shows any offers or amended agreements. By clicking the option, clients may review a received offer and proceed accordingly.
Clients can easily review the details of an offer.
Every booking made on Mable gives clients an extensive range of safeguards included in Mable’s platform fee, for your peace of mind and assurance.
If you have any questions regarding booking on Mable, we have an Australian-based Client Support Team here for you.