Once you’ve found the right client for you and you’ve each agreed that you will provide support to them, the next step is to send your client a service agreement.
Important: Service agreements protect you and your client. Without one in place, you can’t get paid and you won’t be covered by insurance for that client or job.
What is a service agreement?
The service agreement is an online form that allows you to clearly set out the arrangements you’ve agreed upon with your client and will be saved to your Mable account. We recommend being as detailed as possible, including things like:
- What services you will provide – Be as specific as you can to avoid any misunderstandings. Remember, you can only provide the services for which you’ve been approved on your profile. If you’d like to update your services, please contact our Mable Support Team on 1300 73 65 73.
- Where you will provide the services – Again, be specific.
- The hourly rate you will charge – This is the rate you and your client will have agreed upon, minus the 10% fee to Mable. For example, if you negotiate an hourly rate of $37 with your client, you’ll see $33.30 per hour. For an NDIS funded client, ensure you consider CAP rates when setting the agreement. The NDIS will only pay invoices if your rates are within their guidelines, which must include any associated Mable fees and agency fees (if relevant). Learn more here.
- The day, date and time of your shifts for that client – You won’t be able to submit any timesheets until the service agreement is in place.
- Cancellation policy and notice periods – For example, how much notice must the client give to cancel a support session without being charged and how the agreement will end.
It’s very important that this is put in place ahead of your first shift with each client.
Why do I need a service agreement?
- Comfort and clarity – Everybody deserves to know where they stand so there are no awkward conversations around payment or what either person expects from the other.
- Timesheet – The information contained in your service agreement goes into your timesheet. If you don’t have a service agreement in place, you can’t get paid.
- Insurance coverage – The service agreement means peace of mind for everybody. All sessions booked through Mable are automatically covered by a suite of insurance policies, as long as there is a service agreement in place and a timesheet has been submitted for that session.
How do I send a service agreement?
- Log in to your Mable account and go to your Inbox.
- Click on the name of the client you wish to send a service agreement to.
- You’ll see a ‘Send An Offer’ button at the top right.
- Follow the prompts to complete the details of your service agreement.