Meeting with your potential support worker helps you understand if you and your support worker feel comfortable and if you’re the right fit for each other. Meet and greets are usually an informal chat and can be virtual or in person.
Where to start
- Decide on the type of support you’d like
- Set up a meet and greet in your chat with with the support worker or accept an invite from the support worker
- Pick a place to meet or use our video call feature
- Download the Mable checklist as a guide
How to meet
- Video call – via video call on Mable
- In person – pick a quiet but public location
What to talk about
- The services you’d like the support worker to provide
- When you’d like support or your weekly schedule
- Their qualifications and what they can or can’t do
Trust and security
Your safety comes first so set up a video call if you don’t feel comfortable meeting in person. Meet in a public place if you meet in person.
Confirm the meeting details in the meet and greets invite so there’s a record.
If you feel uncomfortable, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 73 65 73 and speak to one of our team at Mable.
How to cancel
We understand things can change so if you need to cancel you can do so in the meet and greet details page in your chat. Try to give 24 hours notice so there’s time for the support worker to plan.
It’s your choice so you decide if they’re right for you or not. If you and your potential support worker decide you’re the right fit, your support worker can set up an agreement. Once you accept, you can start getting support.
Check out our COVID-19 Home Support Screening Tools and Guidelines before your meet and greet.