- It’s okay to identify as disabled: Zoe
- Basketball, photography and more: How Charlie’s life ‘restarted’ through Mable
- Paralympics, arts and more: How Nick does what he loves with Mable
- Reviewing cafes for accessibility: How Ashlee is pursuing her passion
- Guitar, martial arts, yoga: Skills Nissa is learning with support through Mable
Sign up to have the latest news, articles and resources delivered to your inbox.
Dr Dinesh Palipana OAM is a doctor, lawyer, disability advocate, and researcher. The first medical graduate with quadriplegia in Queensland, Dinesh recently visited Mable to talk about his new book, Stronger. ABC’s National Disability Affairs Reporter, Nas Campanella, was present at the event to facilitate the Q&A session afterwards.
During the hour-long, live-streamed session, Dinesh reflected on how his life had changed after a devastating car accident that caused a cervical spinal cord injury. After his accident, his strength and determination saw him return to complete medical school – now with quadriplegia.
After everything he’s been through, Dinesh believes he is happier, stronger and more capable than before the accident. As he mentioned, it helped clarify what is important in his life and taught him that happiness and strength can always be found within.
You can click on the link below to view or listen to the Auslan-interpreted and captioned video.