- It’s okay to identify as disabled: Zoe
- Basketball, photography and more: How Charlie’s life ‘restarted’ through Mable
- Paralympics, arts and more: How Nick does what he loves with Mable
- Reviewing cafes for accessibility: How Ashlee is pursuing her passion
- Guitar, martial arts, yoga: Skills Nissa is learning with support through Mable
Sign up to have the latest news, articles and resources delivered to your inbox.
Holidays are a busy time for everyone. Whether it’s holiday activities to keep the kids busy, grocery and last-minute gift shopping for loved ones or just decluttering your home over a long weekend, it’s a good idea to book a support worker on Mable to get it all done.
Here are 4 reasons why booking a support worker during the holidays can make this time enjoyable and stress free for you and your family.
Your existing support worker might want to take time off
It may be that your current support worker might want to take time off to be with their families over the holidays. In such situations, it’s best to plan ahead and build a support team so you continue to receive support. Having more than one support worker can also be helpful in other ways.
Support over school holidays and before going back to school
Booking a support worker during school holidays can be valuable for your child. A support worker can help keep up their daily routine, plan educational and fun activities and even support you during holiday trips.
Whether it’s baking, photography, cooking or music, you can book a support worker with similar hobbies on Mable. Discover how Henry’s support worker Darryl takes him fishing and bushwalking, and has taught him how to use tools.
Importantly, you can continue to engage the same support worker to help make the back-to-school transition stress free for your child.
Support during the festive season
Whether it’s making plans with friends during the long weekend, going gift shopping or enjoying festive markets, support workers on Mable can provide support with all of these and more.
In addition to your current support worker, book an additional support worker to get help with other tasks such as menu planning for get-togethers and meal prep. You can also book support workers to help you with outings, like going to the beach, the local swimming pool or a movie.
How to book a support worker on Mable
If you are new to Mable, simply sign up as a client. Clients can book a support worker in two ways:
- Search for support worker profiles; you can search using filters (e.g. daily living activities, personal care, nursing, allied health). You can also choose activities you need support with, such as meal preparation, social support, transport, etc.
- You can post a job ad on Mable, to mention exactly what kind of support you need. Here’s a guide to writing a job ad.
Need last minute support?
Sometimes, you may need last minute support. For example, if your current support worker has called in sick. You can find last minute support through Mable Last Minute.
Through Mable Last Minute, you can book support in as little as four hours (and up to 48 hours). Simply post a job and select ‘Regular’ or ‘Last Minute’. By building your support team, you can ensure you get the support you need, when you need it.