Mable is not currently registered with the NDIS. However, depending on how you have chosen to manage your NDIS funds, you can still hire a support worker directly via the Mable platform.
If you have chosen to self-manage your NDIS funding or that category of funding related to individual supports (i.e. the funds are paid into your nominated bank account), you can use those funds to hire support workers on the Mable platform at your chosen rate. For more details on how this works see: Can I use my disability funding to pay for a care worker on Mable?
Funding managed by a Provider Organisation or Financial Intermediary
If you have chosen for your NDIS funding to be managed by a Plan Manager or Financial Intermediary, then you can use your funding to hire support workers on the Mable platform. However, you will need to discuss this with your Plan Manager or Financial Intermediary first. The rate at which you hire your support worker will need to be within the NDIS Price Caps. For more details on how this works see: Can I use my disability funding to pay for a care worker on Mable?
Funding managed by the NDIA
If you already have NDIS funding managed by the NDIA, and you would like to use this funding to hire support workers on Mable, you will need to elect to self-manage that category of your funding related to individual supports. This will then allow you to choose the rate at which you would like to hire a support worker. The process for this is:
- Log in to your NDIS participant portal.
- Find the contact details for your Planner or Local Area Coordinator (LAC).
- Contact your Planner / LAC and tell them you would like to self-manage the funding for the relevant cluster (e.g. NDIS Cluster 0001 Assistance with daily life at home in the community, education and at work).
- Your Planner / LAC will need to assess whether you have the capacity to self manage that cluster. You might need to have a meeting with them or fill out some forms.
- Once you have been approved to self manage the relevant cluster, funds for one month of support will normally be paid into your nominated account. You can use these funds to pay for a worker on Mable. In some cases you might be asked to pay for the service out of pocket and get reimbursed.
- Mable will issue you a receipt on behalf of the worker you engage which you can upload to the NDIS participant portal. Once the receipt has been processed, additional funds will be transferred to top up your account.