We heard your feedback and created a new feature which will allow you to share your shift notes from your support workers with other people in your network.
You can choose to share your notes with up to 3 contacts such as family, friends, coordinators or others in your support network to keep them up to date.
Your nominated contacts receive the content of your shift notes via email.
What are shift notes?
Shift notes document the support you receive and you have full access to what your support worker has written via the Mable website or mobile app.
What’s included in shift notes?
Discuss with your support worker what they should include in their shift notes. Notes can include information on activities, outings, games played, meals and exercises you did together. They can also include support tasks they completed such as cleaning, meal preparation and medical or personal care. Your support worker could also note how you were feeling during the shift.
Who you can share your notes with
- Family members: You may have family members you want to keep in the loop around your support sessions.
- Coordinator of Support or Care Manager: You can choose to share your shift notes with your Coordinator of Support or Care Manager so they can support you with the implementation of your NDIS plan or Home Care Package.
How do I do it?
This feature is only available on the Mobile App. Simply open the Mable mobile app on your iPhone or Android device and head to the ‘timesheets’ screen, you can then follow the prompts within an individual shift note.
Steps are below:
- Click on ‘timesheets’
- Select the relevant one that you want to share with your contact
- Click on ‘share notes’
- Fill out their contact details
- Preview details and confirm
- Your contact will now receive your shift notes as an email!
- Now you can see under shift notes who it’s been shared with.
Why share your shift notes?
Sharing your shift notes is personal to you. You can share your notes if you’d like to keep your support network up to date with how you’re doing, how you’re moving towards your goals and outcomes, and if you’d like any additional assistance.