Only 1 more sleep until the world’s largest festival of light, music and ideas, Vivid Sydney! Vivid runs from 26th May – 17th June; 6.00pm to 11.00pm each night.
Here’s a helpful guide on accessibility to assist you:
There are over 90 light installations at Vivid, many of which are wheelchair accessible. View details on accessibility for each light installation here. There is an audio description available for each.
Interactive Guest Experiences
This service allows you to participate in Vivid’s tour via a Huawei MediaPad device, with the support of Vivid’s trained volunteers. This service is available at the Hickson Road drop off zone and the Sydney Opera House accessible viewing area.
Accessible Viewing Areas
Enjoy Vivid in accessible areas with a clearer view at the:
- Sydney Opera House – managed area with seating on the western boardwalk (close to Portobello Caffe)
- Overseas Passenger Terminal – positioned at the midpoint of the Overseas Passenger Terminal on Circular Quay West Road
- Darling Harbour – near the Harbourside Shopping Centre and next to the Convention Wharf
There are over 200 gigs for you to enjoy Vivid. Many of these are wheelchair accessible. Click here to view all music events available at Vivid.
Luminaries, instigators, major players and emerging talent all converge to discover groundbreaking developments. There are 200 Ideas sessions at Vivid, many of which are wheelchair accessible. To view all sessions click here.
Circular Quay train station is accessible.
If you’re hoping to get to Vivid by car, it is not advisable due to road closures. However, there are allocated drop off/pick up zones. These zones are available Monday to Thursday evenings only.
- Hickson Road (near Park Hyatt), Campbell’s Cove
- Macquarie Street Gatehouse at Sydney Opera House (located at the end of Macquarie Street)
Click here to view Vivid’s accessibility map.
For more information about Vivid’s accessibility click here.
[x_author title=”About the Author”]