Your profile photo is a potential client’s first impression of you. So it’s important you stand out!
8 tips on getting the perfect shot
Here are some tips on nailing that professional image:
- Use a decent camera or smartphone to take your photos.
- Have someone else take your photo – You don’t want it to be taken too close or too far away.
- Think in terms of a passport photo – If you like, you can look for a business offering passport photography such as a newsagent, post office or chemist for a quality photo.
- Pick the best of the lot – Take plenty of shots and then sit down and work out which is the best one.
- Dress appropriately for your work – Your clothing should be clean, tidy and fit well. You don’t have to dress in a suit. Wear what you would typically wear for a support shift and wear your hair neatly.
- Pick a plain background – Stand in front of a neutral-coloured wall for best results. A ‘busy’ background makes it harder to see your face.
- Look into the camera – This is the photographic equivalent of eye contact, which conveys likeability and trustworthiness.
- Smile! Let your photo reflect your warmth and friendliness.
Never miss an opportunity to stand out from the crowd. Your profile photo could make all the difference to how many times you are approached by customers on Mable.
To make changes to your profile photo, please email your request to the Mable Support Team at email@example.com