1 in 6 people will have a stroke in their lifetime. It’s essential to know the warning signs of stroke and to act immediately. If you’re concerned call emergency ‘000’.
“FAST” is a method commonly used to check someone’s symptoms:
If the answer to any of these warning signs is “yes”, call emergency ‘000’
Confused whether it’s stress or a stroke? Are you experiencing:
- A terrible headache
- Weakness on one side of your body
- Trouble walking or understanding things
- Vision loss in one or both eyes
Call ‘000’ if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.
How do I reduce the risk of stroke?
- Visit your doctor for regular blood pressure check ups
- Don’t smoke
- Reduce your alcohol intake
- Exercise regularly
- Eat healthy, reduce eating food that is high in saturated fat, salt or added sugar
- Monitor your cholesterol