If you’re researching available options for how to use your NDIS funding, you might have come across Mable. We’re an online platform that helps to connect people looking for support with independent support workers. For those who are looking for more control over who supports them and when, connecting with independent workers via Mable could be one of the best options out there. Here’s six reasons why.
- Like the NDIS, choice and control are what we’re all about. Supports provided under the NDIS via Mable can help you achieve your goals in many different areas of your life. You can choose different support workers to help you do those different things; getting involved in your community, building independence, going to school, getting and keeping a job and remaining fit and healthy. With Mable, you choose who supports you to do those different things, when they do it and what services they provide. And you and your independent workers come to an agreement over rates together. Because you’re in control, you can design your supports to suit your life.
- We’re a diverse bunch. Our platform hosts independent support workers, nurses, OTs, speech therapists, fishing buddies, cooking companions and more. If you are receiving NDIS funding for core supports, you can use this NDIS funding to engage a range of workers via the platform. That means you can find your team and manage them, all in one place.
- We charge low overheads, and independent workers can be flexible when setting their indicative rates. By using Mable to engage your support team directly, you could pay significantly lower than NDIS reference rates while independent workers can earn more. That means more hours of support for you.
- You can invite people to support you. If you can’t find who you’re looking for already on the Mable platform, you can invite your past or existing supports to sign up alongside you and together reap the benefits of Mable. Whether it’s a team of seasoned professionals, or that neighbour who helps you get to the gym or goes shopping with you. If it’s part of your NDIS plan, you can use Mable to engage them.
- We take care of the admin and payments. If you’re plan managed, that means we’ll connect with your chosen plan manager to handle invoices required as per NDIS guidelines.
- We’re safe. All of our workers undergo a strict onboarding process including police checks as a minimum, working with children check if they’re planning on working with those under the age of 18 and reference checks. We also make sure they’ve got the necessary qualifications if relevant, depending on the types of services they’re offering via the platform.