Make sure you tell people what you do and ask your friends, family, church members, sporting mates, in fact anybody you meet if they know anyone who is seeking aged care at home or disability support.
Get social online
Advertise your business on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter – let your friends and followers know what you do and that you are available to connect with through the Mable platform. Continue reading here.
Aside from potential clients connecting with you through Mable, the number one area you will receive referrals is from your existing or former clients. Ask them if they know anyone else who needs care or support and to refer them to you.
Ask your clients if they would mind providing you or your business with a testimonial – these can be shown to potential clients and published on your Mable profile.
Visit local health and community services
Visit your local health and community service organisations – they would love to know that you are available, and that it is easy to contact you via the Mable website.
Here are some ideas for places to visit – you’ll find many of the addresses and phone numbers in your local council’s seniors services guide
- Public and Private hospitals – ask for the discharge nurse, social workers or aged care team
- Nursing homes
- Rehabilitation centres
- Day centres for seniors
- Senior citizens centers
- Retirement Villages
- Carelink and Carer Respite Centres
- Meals on Wheels
- Health professionals such as GPs, physiotherapists, optometrists, pharmacists
- District nursing services
- Multicultural groups
- RSL Clubs
- Carer support groups – such as those run by Alzheimer’s Australia
- Financial and legal service providers
- Service clubs: Rotary, Lions, Probus etc.
Don’t forget to leave your business card, and ask if you can leave any other collateral in their office to promote your business. Be sure to thank them for any referrals they send your way.
Other things you can do to attract more clients:
- Exceed your clients’ expectations and ask them to provide feedback on your profile
- Build a richer Mable profile about you and your business – make sure to include your interests!
- Build your credentials by undertaking additional training and courses. Many courses can be taken online including via our learning hub. Consider undertaking a Certificate 3 or 4 in aged care or disability services or gaining micro-credentials. We’ve partnered with Registered Training Organisations and TAFE’s to enable access to some subsidised accredited learning. Learn more here.
- Expand the suburbs or areas you work in or expand the services you offer.