As a Mable care worker you are backed by a nationally recognised brand, which gives you instant credibility and kudos. Take advantage of this brand awareness to promote your services.
1. Speak up
Tell people what you do and ask your friends, family, church members, sporting mates, in fact anybody you meet, if they know anyone who needs care. Get the word out. Everybody knows someone who needs care – but you have to ask them to refer you. Mable can also supply you with a digital copy of print-ready personalised business cards and flyers (at no charge). Just contact us and we’ll sort out these files so you can get them printed to support your efforts.
2. Get social online
Advertise your services on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter – let your friends and followers know what you do and that you are available for hire.
3. Ask around
Aside from the referrals you will get from Mable, the number one area you will receive referrals is from your existing or former clients. Ask them if they know anyone who needs care and to refer them to you.
4. Seek testimonials
Collect testimonials from your clients – these can be shown to potential clients and published on your Mable profile.
5. Visit local health and community services
Go visit your local health and community service organisations. They would love to know that you are available, and that it is easy to contact you via Mable website or telephone. Mable is your message service!
The following list is an example of the people you can visit. You’ll need to visit them a few times before they remember you and get to know you. You’ll find many of the addresses and phone numbers in your local council’s seniors services guide.
- Public and Private hospitals – ask for the discharge nurse, social workers or aged care team
- Nursing homes
- Rehabilitation centres
- Day centres for seniors
- Senior citizens centers
- Retirement Villages
- Carelink and Carer Respite Centres
- Meals on Wheels
- Health professionals such as GPs, physiotherapists, optometrists, pharmacists
- District nursing services
- Multicultural groups
- RSL Clubs
- Carer support groups – such as those run by Alzheimer’s Australia
- Financial and legal service providers
- Service clubs: Rotary, Lions, Probus etc
Don’t forget to leave your Mable business card, and ask if you can leave Mable brochures in their office. Be sure to thank them for any referrals they send your way.
Other things you can do to attract more clients:
- Exceed your clients’ expectations and improve the client feedback on your profile.
- Adopt a ‘can do’ attitude with clients – smile and offer solutions to their problems.
- Providing exceptional care benefits you directly. Happy clients will be more inclined to refer a friend to you and Mable, which in turn, could generate more work for you.
- Remember, part of a great care experience is building a social connection with your clients and bringing joy to their day.
- Build a richer Mable profile about you, including completing your interests and making sure the introduction you write about yourself “introduces” you to clients.
- Build your credentials and knowledge by undertaking additional training and courses. Many courses can be taken online. Consider undertaking a Certificate 3 or 4 in aged care or disability services.
- Expand the suburbs or areas you work in or expand the services you offer.