Where does the money come from?
These are the two main sources of government funding used by clients who access support and services via the Mable platform:
When you’re running a business as a worker on the Mable platform, clients get to choose you. But your best clients may be people who aren’t even on the Mable platform yet. If you get talking to people in the community, you can really grow your own business for yourself by being able to explain the benefits to them of hiring their own workers versus being assigned staff by a provider.
Take a look at our resources about NDIS and CDC which illustrate how this works for Mable clients.
As an independent worker, it is also important to understand what your obligations are when providing a service funded by the government. We suggest consulting with your client about any goals, objectives or guidelines that may apply to their individual funding.
What’s in the fine print? Guiding service delivery
- Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD)
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- National Disability Strategy 2010-2020
- NDIS Quality & Safeguarding Framework
- National Standards for Disability Services
- Shut Out: The experience of people with disabilities and their families in Australia