Am I insured if my support worker drives me in their Car?

It is very important that the client verifies that the worker is a licenced driver (i.e. sights current drivers licence) and is driving a registered vehicle. (ask the worker for evidence of registration or check the licence plate number online to confirm the vehicle is registered. In NSW you can check here:
All registered vehicles have Compulsory Third Party (“Green Slip”) insurance which insures against personal injury in the event of a motor vehicle accident.
We recommend that workers also take out comprehensive insurance, ticked for business use, to protect the worker in the event they damage their car or someone else’s care or property in the event of an accident.