Fair Trading, in collaboration with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), is providing a community education project on what protective actions individuals can take to protect themselves, including what to look out for and how to complain if something goes wrong.
Fair Trading and ACCC resources include:
- This Easy English Guide explains consumer rights clearly, including numerous pictures. This guide is suitable for consumers with an intellectual disability.
- Available in Braille. Contact Fair Trading for a copy.
- Available in Spanish, Italian, Greek, Arabic, Hindi, Vietnamese, Chinese and Tagalog/Filipino.
- Gives a brief overview of consumer rights for consumers with disability.
- Available in a range of accessible formats online.
- An educational, animated video for consumers with disability (Easy English) that is clear and easy to understand.
- It has been prepared with the assistance of consumers with disability.
- An educational, animated video for consumers with disability
- Aims to help consumers with disability make informed purchasing decisions and understand consumer rights under the Australian Consumer Law.