Do I need an ABN?

As you are operating as an independent worker on Mable, you will be required to have an ABN for tax purposes. In addition to this, an ABN is usually required on invoices we issue for any clients you work with who have government funding. You can apply easily and for free through the Australian Business Register website.

Your ABN should be in your name (or in a business name registered under your name) for verification on the Australian Business Register.

Note: The above is general information and should not be considered legal, accounting or tax advice. We recommend you speak to an accountant, tax advisor or financial advisor and we expressly disclaim any responsibility for any action taken or not taken based on this information.