KEY TRAINING MODULES
In March 2020, the Australian Department of Health developed a number of training modules to support community workers in the health and aged care sector to protect themselves and the people they are caring for from infection with COVID-19.
Since then, Mable has made it a mandatory requirement that all independent support people must complete the COVID 19 infection control training module to continue to provide support services to all clients/ participants on the Mable platform.
The training module covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for COVID-19 including:
- COVID-19 – what is it?
- Signs and symptoms
- Keeping safe – protecting yourself and others
- Myth busting
The module takes approximately 30 minutes, with a questionnaire at the end, and a certificate of completion is available online at COVID-19 infection control training.
Australian Government Department of Health: Infection Control Training – Aged Care has several modules available on their website.
On top of the mandatory COVID-19 infection control module, it is recommended that independent workers pursue and complete all modules with the below being highly recommended.
- Module 5 – Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Module 8 – If you suspect a person has coronavirus COVID-19
- Module 9 – Supporting Older Australians – Part 2 In-Home Care
- COVID-19 and Aged Care. Free online training by Altura learning – Click here
- BaptistCare COVID-19 Staff briefing & Q&A. In response to the outbreak of COVID-19 at Dorothy Henderson Lodge, Macquarie Park in Sydney, NSW, BaptistCare held a Q&A session on 9 March 2020 with NSW Health experts, including Dr James Branley, Head of Infectious Diseases, Nepean Hospital. Dr Branley was part of the Wuhan response team. Click hereThank you to BaptistCare for making this available online to the aged care sector.