KEY TRAINING MODULES
Mable has made it a mandatory requirement that all independent support people must complete Infection Control Training to provide support services to all clients/ participants on the Mable platform.
The training module covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control. You are required to complete this training when you join the platform as a support worker.
Australian Government Department of Health: Infection Control Training – Aged Care has several modules available on their website.
On top of the mandatory COVID-19 infection control module, it is recommended that independent workers pursue and complete all modules with the below being highly recommended.
- Module 5 – Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Module 8 – If you suspect a person has coronavirus COVID-19
- Module 9 – Supporting Older Australians – Part 2 In-Home Care
- COVID-19 and Aged Care. Free online training by Altura learning – Click here
- BaptistCare COVID-19 Staff briefing & Q&A. In response to the outbreak of COVID-19 at Dorothy Henderson Lodge, Macquarie Park in Sydney, NSW, BaptistCare held a Q&A session on 9 March 2020 with NSW Health experts, including Dr James Branley, Head of Infectious Diseases, Nepean Hospital. Dr Branley was part of the Wuhan response team. Click hereThank you to BaptistCare for making this available online to the aged care sector.